Tuesday 4th May 2021
COGNITIVE Capital Ltd, who became the club’s new major shareholder on Friday, have provided details of their plans for Dumbarton FC going forward.
As per our previous statement, a deal was concluded on Friday for previous owners Brabco 736 Ltd to be bought out.
The points below give more details of what our new owners have planned, along with other information.
1. Cognitive Capital Ltd have bought 100 per cent of Brabco 736 Ltd from Granada Enterprises Ltd, the offshore company. This deal has been lead by Henning Kristoffersen, a Norwegian financial services entrepreneur, who becomes a major shareholder in Cogntive Capital Ltd.
2. Cognitive Capital Ltd is a UK company led by Henning Kirstoffersen and Matthew Atkinson. Henning will take the lead on footballing matters, Matthew, a qualified architect, on property and stadium matters.
3. There will be four new board members who will work alongside the current board: Henning; his wife, Kamila; Neil Dermott, an architect and Robert Roche, a financier.
4. The Hosie Family will retain a stake in the club, maintaining their 50+ year association with DFC.
5. Our priorities will be to:
a) Maintain the legacy of Dumbarton Football Club and build its profile into its 150th year and beyond, and develop a commercial engine to underpin that success.
b) Begin to make the transition to a full-time squad. Our short term target is to create a stable Championship club.
c) Use Henning’s global contacts to build links with international clubs and players, especially in Scandinavia.
d) Reignite plans for a new, increased capacity community sports and leisure facility at Young’s Farm, without the residential element that previously caused objection.
e) Look to develop the planning permission at Castle Road to financially support the club and contribute towards the new stadium.
f) Increase supporter participation and ownership in the football club.
As also mentioned in our previous message, Dumbarton FC will keep our supporters fully informed of the progress of plans for the club.
Dumbarton Football Club