Friday 5th July 2013
FOLLOWING their 1-1 draw at home to Hibernian last week, Dumbarton’s pre-season preparations take them over to Scotland’s capital tomorrow (Saturday July 6th, 3pm), where they play East of Scotland Premier Division side Civil Service Strollers.
Civil Service Strollers were founded in 1908 and have remained strictly amateur. The ethos of the Club is to promote community sport.
As well as the senior team playing in the East of Scotland Premier division, the side also play in the Scottish Cup and support a range of school and youth teams.
* The match kicks off at 3pm.
* The venue is the Civil Service Sports Club, 25 Marine Drive, Edinburgh EH4 5EJ.
* Entrance: £5 standard, £2 concessions.
* There will be a programme available for the price of £2, but stocks may be limited… so hurry!
* Transport: A number 37 Lothian bus going near the ground is available from Princes Street, close to Waverley rail station. Or a 27 bus from Hanover Street gets you even closer.
* A number of Sons supporters are planning to make the journey east. The bar at the Civil Service Sports Club will be open both before and after the game.
* The usual matchday media service will be in operation: live tweeting, a summary after the game, and a longer match report.