Friday 9th July 2021

DUMBARTON FC can confirm that a positive Covid-19 test result has been returned by one of our playing staff.

As a result, tomorrow’s Premier Sports Cup tie with St Mirren has been cancelled. It will be awarded to the Buddies as a 3-0 victory.

The player in question has not attended our stadium since last Saturday’s friendly with Clydebank and there is no risk to anybody who has been at the stadium since then.

We apologise for the disappointment this will cause, as we were very much looking forward to returning to competitive action with our fans in our stadium.

However, we hope that supporters of each team will understand the need to take precautions in these circumstances, which has resulted in our application to the SPFL to have the game cancelled.

If any supporter has purchased a ticket for the game, or a live stream, and wishes a refund, we ask that they contact to allow this to be processed.

We will keep our supporters notified of developments regarding future fixtures.

Keep well, stay safe, and we will see you soon.

Dumbarton Football Club

Leave a comment


Sons Sign Up

Become a member of our online community and get tickets to upcoming matches faster!

Please wait...

Thank you for sign up!